Field Learning Experience (FLE) is a learning process to get the professional abilities of public health which is the specific skills a salesperson profession of public health, namely: 1) Implement health diagnoses community that essentially identify, formulate and prioritize public health issues, 2) Develop programs to handle public health problems promotive and preventive, 3) Act as a middle manager who can serve as executor, administrator, educator and researcher, 4) approach the community and 5) Working in a multidisciplinary team.
FLE activities performed involving oriented institutions directly on improving community health status such as the District Health Office / City and institutions that can contribute in the field of health. FLE consists of 3 t stages following the planning and evaluation cycle that FLE I, II and III. Field Learning Experience I activity is at the core of FLE others because it is the early foundation in preparing the next program. Failure in FLE I activities will reflect the implementation of FLE II and III. Furthermore, FLE II will focus on priority issues and interventions and FLE III program is to evaluate the results of the FLE program and make repairs if necessary.
Purpose of Field Learning Experience:
Students are able to analyze the situation through the identification, formulate and solve problems and evaluate the public health.
Field Learning Experience I:
- Students are able to identify problems of health policy, family planning / reproductive, incidence of disease, nutrition, environmental health, occupational health and social behavior.
- Students are able to prioritize problems.
- Students are able to arrange alternative solutions to problems.
Field Learning Experience II:
- Students are able to designing and implementing programs.
- Students are able to do advocacy, partnerships, and community empowerment in the implementation of the program.
Field Learning Experience III:
- Students are able to evaluate the program.
- Students are able to reconstruct the program.
- Students are able to provide recommendations for sustainability of the program.
Field Learning Experience competence
- Students are able to understand and analyze health problems at the community level as appropriate.
- Students are able to develop and implement programs with community participation.
- Students are able to evaluate and make recommendations for the sustainability of community-based programs.