Faculty of Public Health in 2017 offers a summer course program as a part of its goal to enhanced global education. The summer course program provides international college students with hands-on opportunities to learn the Indonesian and experience the cultural and academic life
in Indonesia, especially in Makassar, South Sulawesi Province.
Faculty of Public Health in 2017 offers a summer course program as a part of its goal to enhanced global education. The summer course program provides international college students with hands-on opportunities to learn the Indonesian and experience the cultural and academic life in Indonesia, especially in Makassar, South Sulawesi Province.
One of the most important and engaging aspects of this program is that the learning is not limited to the classroom. Students will have many opportunities to meet and interact with Indonesian society duringfield study to learn about health issues in the rural areas and moreover, students will have chances to live withvillagers and experience their culture. At the end of the program, students will receive a certificate of completion.
Period : November 26th- December 10th, 2017
Participants : The foreign students and the students from local area
Course Information : Students can expect outstanding standards delivered in a warm and welcoming environment. Programs are designed to be interactive, stimulating and fun. Course involves a combination of sit in class-lectures in Public Health International class, field study in coastal area, and learning sit in class-lectures in Public Health International class, field study in coastal area, and learning
Program Fee : Free*
|1||Indonesian Culture||4 Credits|
|2||Community Health in Coastal Area (Field Study)||6 Credits|
|Total Credit Point||10 Credits|
*Accommodation, meals 3 times a day, transportation, course materials and field trips (excluding Optional Tours) are all included in above fees. Medical and accident insurance are not included in the program fee. Participants need to cover their own costs of medical care. In addition, participants are advised to bring either cash money or an international credit card to meet incidental expenditures during their stay in Indonesia.
Registration Fee : August 14th – October 1st, 2017 (early bird) USD 150
October 2nd – November 8th, 2017 USD 250
- Completed online application form (the print version should also be provided on the time of first meeting)
- Copy of passport (in .jpeg or .pdf form)
- Recommendation letter written by members of the academic staff at the educational institute where the students are studying or studied (in .pdf form)
- Health Certificate completed by a registered physician, confirming student’s ability to study (in .jpeg or .pdf form)
|November 26th 2017||Arrival & Transfer to Accommodation|
|November 27th 2017||Welcome & Welcome lunch (orientation)|
|November 28th 2017||Audit classes/seat in|
|November 29th 2017||Audit classes/seat in|
|November 30th 2017||Audit classes/seat in|
|December 1st 2017||Culture Study (traditional food and dancing)|
|December 2nd 2017||Makassar Day Tour (Fort Rotterdam and Losari Beach)|
|December 3rd 2017||Free Day|
|December 4th 2017||Field Study to Coastal Area|
|December 5th 2017||Field Study to Coastal Area|
|December 6th 2017||Field Study to Coastal Area|
|December 7th 2017||Culture Study (traditional food and dancing)|
|December 8th 2017||Field trip (Bantimurung National Park and Leang-leang Park)|
|December 9th 2017||Assessment (presentation) & Farewell|
|December 10th 2017||Departue & Transfer to Airport|
A Variety of Field Trips
- The students will have an opportunity to participate in the field learning experience in two villages located in Jeneponto District.
- They will get valuable experiences together with students from Universitas Hasanuddin in doing problem analysis, intervention, and program evaluation related to the health problem of local community.
- The students will also visit the historical sites in South Sulawesi such as Losari Beach, Fort Rotterdam, Bantimurung National Park, and Leang-leang Park
- Optional field trips will be arranged later on. There are several localtion such as The Hanging Grave of the Toraja (these optional field trips will be charged for extra cost).
The students will stay in Maxone Hotel Makassar located ± 3,4 km (10 minutes) from campus. The hotel is easily accessible by public transport. Each room houses two students, students can use all the facilities in Hotel including laundry facilities, swimming pool, free wifi, etc.